Saturday, February 7, 2015

Five For Friday

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday....yes, I realize that it is now Saturday.  I fell asleep before I could even think about finishing this post and hitting publish!


Be sure to check out her post for all the other people linking up!


I participated in an Instagram Freebie Loop on Sunday.   This is the freebie I shared.


It is a sample from my newest handwriting set, Winter Holidays Handwriting.  



I hope you will check out the Valentine sample (and the Winter Holidays set)!  Leave me some feedback and let me know what you think!


Monday, we had a great time celebrating Groundhog Day with the help of some fabulous freebies I found on Teachers Pay Teachers as well as one of my first products I ever created.

We started the day with a short video from Discovery Education about the history of Groundhog Day and then made our predictions.  When my little friends came back from Specials and PE, I had added the groundhog to the side of the graph with the correct prediction.  


Next, we used the Comprehension Mini-Read from Primary Punch's Free Groundhog Day No Prep Practice pack.  We have been working REALLY hard on finding text evidence to prove our answers.  I projected the story on the board and we worked together to find and underline evidence from the article to prove the answers they were writing to the questions.  This pack also has a great Tally and Graph activity that we used as well.



We also made the super cute hats included in First Grade Blue Skies Groundhog Day set.  No, second graders are not too old to enjoy silly hats!!


Finally, we used my own Groundhog Day 100's Chart Mystery Picture to practice plus/minus 10 mental math! 



I have a blog post that I am working on about a wonderful new resource from Melissa Dailey at Mrs. Dailey's Classroom.  One of the things I have loved most since starting this Teachers Pay Teachers/blogging adventure are the new people I have "met" (online).  Mrs. Dailey is one of those people.  I buy resources for my own classroom all the time, and I especially love when I can support people who I find to be truly wonderful, supportive, and kind!  She has a new product called Counting Coins and it is on sale right now for only $1.  These task cards include 2 sets so that you can differentiate in your classroom.  As I said, I will be telling you more later about how I have been using these, but seriously...check them out now!!



I have a new classroom timer that I have been using.  It is from ClassTools.net and plays music!  Check out all the fun options (you can even upload your own)!



We love Mission Impossible and Star Wars.  They are perfect for timing all the different games we play during whole group time.


Last, but not least...we have been working this week on writing book reviews.  I created a template to help my students organize their thoughts.  Click the link below to grab a copy for your class!


Book Review Freebie!

Have a happy and relaxing weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment