Thursday, November 6, 2014

Falling for Main Idea

We have been hard at work for the past two weeks learning all about Main Idea and Details.  This is a tough one for my friends so I decided to create something to help them get in a little more practice.


My kids love anything that I can turn into Scoot or a Roam the Room activity.  This set contains a mini-Scoot set to practice identifying main idea.  I hung them up around the room with these adorable little scarecrows that my aunt sent to me (I think you can find them at any craft store this time of year).



After that, we read the non-fiction text about scarecrows (included in the set), and identified the main idea and key details.  Then we made our Main Idea Scarecrows!


These look great hanging in the hallway outside our room!


I hope you will check out my Fall Themed Main Idea Pack!  Here is an extra freebie for you to help your friends with main idea!  Click on the picture below to download.





1 comment: