Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Over the summer, I always make a list of things I want to focus on and make better for the next school year.  One of the things I am really trying to focus on this year is writing.  It is something I have always taught, but I just felt like I could do a better job.  Little did I know that my new class would really struggle with writing.  It felt like a while before the majority were writing complete sentences consistently.

I found that they needed a little more guidance to get from graphic organizer to rough draft.  Enter "Guided Rough Drafts".  I am creating organizers that help guide their rough draft writing.  An example of one of these can be found in my newest store freebie!

 Click the picture to download from my TPT store!

We started learning about Expository writing with "How To Make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich".  My kiddos had a BLAST making PB&J's at 9 in the morning!



I hope you will check it out and PLEASE, pretty please leave feedback!


No comments:

Post a Comment